Over the pass several weeks I have been taking classes in Project and Team Management. We have discussed what a project is, what are project managers role in the project and what are the step when breaking down a project to complete. This course has given me the starting information I need to develop my event company and the work breakdown structures that goes along with the project.
A project is a temporary nonrecurring easy to manage, activities that are related to specific goals and deadlines. Projects are broken down into life cycles such as initiate, plan, execute, and close. Through these phases the project is identify by the needs, development of a project solution, executed through team objectives and deliverables, and closed out to focus on customer satisfaction.
Project managers are the ultimate person that is responsible for the success or failure of a project. They manage all aspects of the project, including budget, timeline scope quality and customer expectation. They develop the project charter, cost benefit analysis, and monitor update project plans.
When trying to get your project off the ground like I am, there are several questions and steps you have to ask and take. Like what are my potential clients? What objectives am I expected to meet? And who is this project for? When you are a project management for event management industry you have to plan, prepare, organize, design, and arrange every aspect of an event. By breaking down the objectives into various categories it allows the project to be broken down into planning and production, that way you can develop a timeline of when to expect your project to be completed. I found an article that talks about project managers in the event management industry and in this article it breakdown the different categories of the events down to design and marketing areas. I hope this article can help you understand projects and give you a little in sight of what I have learn and how to complete one if you are ever appointed a project manager.
No comments:
Post a Comment