For the last month I have been working on building my business plan for my entertainment company. One thing that is important when developing a business is the information that goes into it such as the marketing and financial data. Investors want to know if there is a market to sale your product in and if they will get a return on their investment.
When researching business plan experts I came across Theo Afkoudias, a Project Prospectus who has written numerous of articles on investor documents. He has a strong commercial awareness and broad business on financial writing. What he looks for when writing business plans is the resource allocation and preempts of return on the resources. When looking at new business plans he focus on the management section, “ In the management section you need someone who is experience in that industry in order to determine if I would move forward with the business deal”. He also mentioned to put focus on the industry analysis and marketing research; if you don’t know your market then you don’t have anyone to sales too.
While researching business plan experts I went to take a second look at what Timothy J. Cartwright the Chairman of Gulf Coast Venture Form stated, about what he looks for when investing. The first thing he looks at is the proforma financial statement; it should include detailed information on revenue building and exit strategy, along with how the company will return the invested funds. In order for him to invest his money into your business he has to make certain that he will get a return on his investment.
So after the long research of finding out what I should put into my business plan I went back to adjust my marketing strategy, make sure I hit head on with the customers in my target market and how I would pull them in as clients. And I readjusted my financial statements, making as real assumptions as possible while giving the investors the opportunity to invest knowing they will get a full return on their investment with the shortest time possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment