Thursday, February 24, 2011

Next stop Artist Management...


So in this month my class was on Artist Management and Product Development. I was very interested in the Artist Management, I have prior experience with managing artist and I wanted to make sure everything I had done was right.  Well turns out I was doing exactly what I was suppose to do and more. I was shocked on how much I knew with out educational experience.

The book we have been reading is This Business of Artist Management by Xavier M. Frascogna, Jr. and H. Lee Hetherington.  This book has given insight on what an artist management job should include. It breaks down what an Artist Management does and how it is important to have management representation. The music business is changing constantly and rapidly.  Someone needs to help navigate new opportunities, revenue streams, technology, and help to create a structure around their art so that the artist can stay focus on the music.

A management company should understand technology, and who is willing to take experiments, risks, and try new things in addition to working non-stop for their artist. Mangers who want to be successful should take a few pointers from this book, like for example, managers must live and die by their artist, their success is your success, there should be teamwork with a equal hand in how the artist is going to be marketed to the industry
In reading this book and learning in class I began to grab the concept of the Artist Management and developing artists careers. I plan on using the knowledge that I already had and putting it together with the things I have learn this month, and creating a Artist Management firm for signed and unsigned artist. I want to make sure that I am the best at representing the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment